Wednesday, 18 March 2009

My next encounter with Iberians. Al Kingston Stud.

Following Susan's kind invitation that I should go to her yard to photograph some dressage clinics I did just that.  Her yard has a wonderful atmosphere and is full of the most beautiful Andalusian mares, who you will get to know through this blog.  


The first clinic was given by Fiona Foy.  It was fascinating to watch and photograph.

Patrick Kempe, who I'd met at Hartpury was also there with his fantastic Lusitano Tetua.  Tetua's own story can be found on Patrick's website:


He did an amazing demonstration with the garrocha, with flags and with an enormous ball.




The second clinic, a week later was given by Frederico (Freddie) and was even more interesting. I was getting hooked on Iberian horses and their way of going.  The highlights of that day were watching Freddie ride Ibis (Ibi) again, especially when the geese wandered past and found themselves being herded:

And seeing him teach her levade:


Here's a link to Freddie's website:

To see bigger versions and more photos please visit the set on Flickr:





No comments:

Post a Comment