The practice for the quadrille went so well yesterday, with Xaile and Uniquo going particularly well together, that we decided that Susan and I would work together to have a go at a Pas de Deux. In the morning we had a practice with just the two of us. The horses clicked amazingly. It felt incredible and I think you'll be able to see from the photos how exciting it was.

It was also my first ride in my beautiful new Portuguese saddle. I love these saddles, they are so secure and beautiful. By the way the fur behind the saddle is called a Xairel. I think it was originally (and still in bull fighting) to protect the tails of the rider's coat.
We lunged Xaile quickly before getting on him just to make sure he was happy with it.
Posing in my saddle:
I had another lesson in the afternoon, on my own this time. It went even better. We spent quite a long time at the end concentrating on Spanish walk which was getting better and better.Going straight on the right rein:
Spanish walk:






No comments:
Post a Comment