Friday, 20 March 2009

20th March. Turned out

Another fabulous schooling session with the boy.  I'm sure he's going to do something wrong sometime, but he's not done it yet.  We didn't do anything overly stressful for either of us.  I concentrated on lots of transitions and keeping straight and lots of impulsion, possibly not as much collection as might be necessary, but we're still working each other out.

Spanish walk went particularly well in hand, after some excellent advice from Edward, the dressage rider on our yard, I concentrated on keeping him moving forwards and got two beautiful smooth long sides, only one leg on each, but some beautiful steps and he really understood what I was asking.

After he'd worked we turned him out for the first time at home.  The first thing he did was eat a lot of earth so maybe he's still a bit dehydrated, so he'll be having more electrolytes.  Then he discovered the grass.  I left a very happy little boy in the field munching his way around the fence.  I'm sure he'll discover that there's grass in the middle too eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment