Saturday, 28 March 2009

27th March My Parents Visit



My parents came to see Xaile today which was lovely and he was a very good boy for them.  It was lovely to have a chance to show him off to them.  I think he'll be very keen on them in future as he got lots of yummy carrots.  My father used my camera and took a lot of rather good photos.  










Warming up on the lunge








    









A little tight and tense to start with.

































Stop for a quick cuddle and a chat with my mother.
I have never had a horse who I'd do this with, partly because they've all been so big I probably wouldn't have been able to reach, but also it never really occurred to me to do it before.




























A little lateral work.

Starting to work more seriously.




He has the most wonderful canter I have ridden.  I could sit there all day just going round the school.  I think he wouldn't mind doing it either- he loves cantering.  It is so smooth yet so firey.  A slight squeeze of the legs and you fly and a touch of the rein and he stops.  Wonderful.

1 comment: