Jan quickly rode Clover in the school to check they got on. Then I lunged Xaile and for the first time he had a good buck about on the lunge. He did the funniest leap into the air/ canter transition. Then I schooled him for a little bit and Jan very kindly took some video. I think I got a bit tense when I knew I was being videoed and so he was tighter than he was just before. However I was pleasantly surprised by the video. I need to slow him down a little in trot. Also my lower leg forward thing I've noticed in the photos appears to be the result of my not bending my knees as much as I should when I sit in rising trot so that's something to work on.
Jan and I then went for a hack. We braved the bridle way today. Up till now it has been rather muddy and overgrown but we were told it was better so off we went. It was really pretty and took us through some fields that'll be great for a good gallop at some point. We then trotted up a hill and I could really feel Xaile's back working so we'll be doing lots of that over the next few weeks.

What a lovely vid! If I hadn't got Zeffy I'd be very jealous!! As it is, Xaile just makes me more excited about my own little boy!
ReplyDeleteI broke my usual habit of not giving advice and posted a reply to your thread on EE! But I think you're doing really great!!
the between the ears shots are always the best, LOL
ReplyDeleteHi, you have a beautiful horse! Looks like a great place to hack.
ReplyDelete