Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Golega: Feira Sao Martinho


Since my trip to Hartpury all my friends had been saying that I was going to end up buying a Lusitano.  I was adamant that I wouldn't.  Things began to change at Golega.  It was one of the most exciting and beautiful events I have ever been to.  I fell totally in love with the temperament of the breed.  There were hundreds of these wonderful horses, most of them stallions in close proximity, yet no kicks or snaps or bad behaviour.  
I spent three days watching the showing and the displays in the evenings.  The most exciting of which was by the Portuguese School of Equestrian Art.


To my joy I even got to ride.

By the time I left I had decided that I wanted one.

A few days after I got home I spoke to Freddie and asked him if he'd be able to find me a Lusitano.

To find out more about the fair at Golega:
For more of my photos from Golega:

No comments:

Post a Comment