Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Tuesday 5th May FRUSTRATION!!

Well I went down to the yard to ride but I don't think it's going to be possible for a few days at least.  The first problem was that I couldn't zip my half chaps up- definitely a 2 person job, but I thought that wouldn't be a problem as someone at the yard could do them for me.  Then I had a rather painful drive to the yard.  Changing gears is very uncomfortable, but I've now found various angles that don't hurt.  Then I walked the dogs- very difficult, there are 5 of them and they get rather excited getting out of the car.  Then I realised that if I couldn't hold a dog lead in my bad hand I would be unlikely to be able to hold reins and even if I could hold the reins I wouldn't be able to do a good job and it's so important that he's ridden well at the moment.  So I went down to the yard and asked Edward if he'd have time to ride him this week for me and he very kindly said he would.  I'm a bit upset to have to have done this as I really wanted to have done the work myself- so much more satisfying, but probably a bit selfish on my behalf because he's going to well I think it's more important that his education continues.  But still annoyed about it.  Especially as Edward is a much better rider than me.  Ah well.  That'll teach me not to talk too much- and to remember to concentrate!!

The good news is that I passed my hazard perception test which means I'm one step closer to being able to drive my big lorry - YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. i gather riding one handed is helpful...

    and of course, you would have struggled to tack up as well!

    ReplyDelete