I went to a physiotherapist/osteopath today. I have noticed in my lunge lessons that I find it much harder to twist left than right and this chap specialises in body alignment. He was really impressed that my pelvis was tilted by 1 1/2inches. He massaged my back and hips and then 'mobilised' the pelvis back into position. He said that my hip on one side was very compressed and on the verge of getting arthritis. I have had arthritis in my left big toe for a few years and it is remarkably painful. He said that this was caused by the twisted way I've been walking. He did
acupuncture in it. I have to say that I'm not a great believer in that sort of thing, but to my
astonishment it's not hurt since. When I stood up from it all I felt very strange- slightly drunk and as if one leg was longer than the other. But apparently I'm now straight. He also says that the treatment should be permanent. I'm going back in July to get my shoulders sorted out.
I do however feel very sorry for all the horses I have ridden over the past 10 years (he thinks it was probably caused by a fall I had onto a cross country jump) and such uneven pressure must have been terribly uncomfortable. Especially for poor little young Xaile. Though his chiropractor said that he was in incredible condition, still I might have her check him again.
Went to the yard to ride, but it was so very windy and there was no one around that I decided to leave it. I doubt we'd have got anything productive done anyway as he finds the wind terribly distracting. We did however spend a quarter of an hour in the field together, with me scratching his neck and him with his head resting on my shoulder with his nose tucked under my hair. It was rather special.
No comments:
Post a Comment