Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Tuesday 12th May Too good??????

My lovely Portuguese half chaps arrived today from Iberiana. It took me nearly an hour to put them on and I have blisters ( she did recommend the ones with velco but did I listen???).  However they do look very smart and are comfy.  They are a little big round the top (probably bad measuring on my behalf, but I think my saddler can take them in.

Xaile went extremely well today.  Almost too well... I don't really know how to decribe what I mean.  Edward has been doing a fantastic job of schooling him for me and his head carriage is much stiller and lower.  But he felt a little dull.  Not unwell or anything, just a little too good maybe.  Lacking fire in some way.  Very hard to describe.  Maybe a little on the fore hand?  I don't know.  Wish there was a video.  Tomorrow I'm going to ride him in his Portuguese tack and play bullfighting and lighten him up a little.  But he really was a good little boy. 

Also he felt more horse-like and pony-like- probably because he was using his back and not just doing the sewing maching thing.

1 comment: