Thursday, 28 May 2009

Thursday 28th May

After yesterday's discovery I started in hand asking him to yield his forehand and again this had a great effect on the ridden work.  

With the ridden work, I started with him in a long outline in walk with a relatively loose rein, just asking him to walk on and halt and walk maintain softness, and this worked nicely for a while, but he did get bored quite quickly so I asked for trot and maybe he was a little too far on the forehand but he found the transition quite difficult, so I let him settle to working nicely in trot for a bit and then back to walk and tried the transition again.  It was a little smoother, but not great so we worked on a 20m circle, half in walk and half in trot and quickly got him thinking a bit more forwards and his quarters under him more, while still keeping his head out and down.  This lead to a much better trot.  

Then we did the same thing with trot canter transitions, and this was very exciting!!!  Then we added walk and halt transitions in as well.  

After this we did a bit of shoulder in in walk as with the excitement of all those canter transitions, he was beginning to hurl himself around a little and the shoulder was beginning to block a bit.  

To finish we trotted big circles on both reins with a very loose contact and him taking the reins right down.  I was pleased that afterwards, Edward said that he thought that he had been going well- more consistently in a better outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment