Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Tuesday 19th May

Firstly people have sent me some more lovely photos from Sunday- THANK YOU!!














I gave Xaile Monday off in the field, and despite the rain he really enjoyed it.  As a result he wasn't overly keen to come in a work today.  But when we got going he was fabulous.  I lunged him first and his canter looked great- really soft and balanced so I was hopeful for riding him.

He decided that the demons that appeared in the top right of the school on Saturday were still there today, but I think I was feeling a bit stronger as we got past them easily and then they no longer scared him.  

We did lots and lots of transitions between walk and trot, concentrating on removing the Iberian drama from them, and they got fabulously soft.  He finds the left rein much harder and as a result the demons in the corner of the school are more evident on that rein so today I decided to work mainly on the right rein but with lots of circles and adding in figures of eight in with tons of praise when he was soft and picked up the outside rein on the left handed bit.  He went really well. Then I started adding canter transitions in.  At first he was doing his fast whizzy canter but to my great pleasure I managed couple of whole circles in a lovely slow low soft canter and he was so pleased with himself.

He was such a good boy and tried so hard that I stopped after 20mins. He'd done everything I had asked and happily so I thought that was a good point to leave it.

1 comment:

  1. those pics are great ... especially Xaile facing the other grey, and the three together.

    ReplyDelete