Well today we had the session I had planned for yesterday. He was soft and supple and obedient, a real pleasure. We worked for about 20 mins, just in walk and trot keeping him long and low during changes of rein and transitions. He was really looking for the contact for the first time, yet still keeping it light.
I have mentioned his dramatic transitions before and today he hardly did them at all- just slipped between the paces which I think must mean that his back is getting stronger and allowing him to carry himself rather than having to hurl himself up. We did a couple of circles changing between walk and trot about every third stride and it was so smooth. I was really proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad it worked, you always worry in these situations that there is an underlying problem, but so often it's just naughtiness.
ReplyDelete