Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Sunday 10th May Jumping




Well the beastly little dogs (i love them really ...) knocked my hand rather hard this morning as I was getting them into the car to go to the yard so by the time I got there it was really sore, and as there was noone else on the yard I decided it probably wasn't an overly safe idea to ride!

So I lunged him over raised poles.  He really seems to enjoy this.  Variety and all that.  We started off with the poles a comfortable distance appart, maybe a little short.  And he found that so easy that after a few goes I pulled them appart a bit and made him stretch.  I love watching how he uses himself now doing this sort of thing.  He's so fluid.

I then put up a small jump.  Not really much higher than the raised poles, but it did have scary blocks on either side of it. 
  This meant that is required a HUGE leap to get over it.  So I sent him round a few times till it wasn't and issue and he was trotting over it like the raised poles.  So then it went up to the next side of the block, about 1 foot I think.  This of course was terrifying and lead to a couple more huge leaps.  But then he went back to trotting over it.  He seems to find trotting over them so easy that I just had to see what would happen if it went up to 2 foot.  Well it was no longer terrifying but definitely needed a jump.  I didn't want to over do it with the jumping as he's not done very much and was such a good boy so we left it at that and went back over the poles a little.  I wish there'd been someone to take photos as he looked great and was enjoying it so much.  

But I did take some pics before working him as I think he's finally begining to put on some weight. But I also think he's going upwards as well.  I tried to take simillar ones to ones I've done before.  It does have to be said he was a far from willing model.  He simply didn't see the point in being brought in from the field to do nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment