Sunny, but cooler than yesterday. He was very relaxed in the field when I got him in. He and Sidney were lying down together.
Back in the double bridle today. A different horse. Calm relaxed and confident. Even reasonably steady in his head carriage.
We only worked for 20 mins as he was so good that I wanted to reward him. We did lots of changes of direction and transitions, keeping him calm supple and listening.
No problems with halt transitions, especially when I remembered to slightly release the contact as soon as he responded to the aid so that he didn't feel the need to fight and resist the contact and so hollow.
The trot transitions were also much improved, especially in the right rein. He keeps relaxed and low as long as I lighten the contact (but don't drop it) as I apply the aid.
Nice and straight on the diagonals in trot. Slightly wobbly in walk.
Feel he is depending on the fence for balance and thus leaning slightly into it. So I worked on 15m circles at either end of the school and keeping on an inner track down the long sides.
Worked on loops to improve his change of bend to the left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment