Snaffle again. Awful. He was very unsettled from the moment I put his bridle on. Chewing, and raising and lovwering his head and tilting it. It took ages to get him to relax in the school, though he did eventually. But not so well as yesterday. He was a lot less responsive, so I had to give much stronger aids. He was concentrating so hard on fiddling with his bith that I had to be really firm to get him to think about me and what I was asking. He had gone back to leaping into trot with his front legs and head up. The trot walk transitions were nice and soft though.
The real problem came when I asked him to halt. His head came up and he hollowed badly with that muscle under his neck bulging. I tried again. And again and again and again. Suppling him walk or trot first. He got worse and worse.
Then I made it even worse by getting angry with him which wound him up and meant that the was no chance of him halting softly.
In the end I got off and halted him repeatedly in had with at very very light contact till he stopped resisting it and relaxed. I then got back on and did one circuit of the school, halting on a loose rein at each marker. Which, thank goodness, he did calmly with out raising his head.
This all lead to much to long a session- well over an hour and leaving us both in a bad mood. I really regret having tried the snaffle again. He hates it so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment