Thursday, 23 May 2013

23rd May - back to Bento...

So.... Vicki helped me again.  We only did about 20 mins, and only in walk and it was BRILLIANT.

I'd tried to run before we could walk. Literally. I'd forgotten about the importance of the circles to engage the hind leg and lower the neck and soften the back.  We circled and we circled and we circled.  I wasn't using my inside leg nearly enough. When I did,and didn't allow him to drift out through his outside shoulder though leaving that rein too long or far from the neck he softened.

On the left rein I found I had to alternate the circles with counter flexing him, on the right rein the circles were sufficient.

Having got two circles on the right rein and a change of rein and a circle on the left without him resisting I thought it was a good moment to reward him by stopping.  I was especially pleased its him because he was very distracted at the start because of Enigma and Enzo arriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment