Friday, 3 April 2009

3rd April Another lovely hack


As we can't use the school again today three of us from the yard went on a hack this morning.  All 3 horses are 6 and not one of them put a foot wrong all hack so we're were all rather proud of our boys.  We went on a very similar route to yesterday and had a few very controlled canters. By the last canter Xaile had worked out about cantering on hacks and decided that galloping would be much more fun but his perfect manners prevented him from doing anything more than getting a little stronger.

When we got back I tied him in the wash box to groom him and help him get over his fear of the nasty 'snakes' that live in there.  He shook and snorted for a little while but eventually got bored and relaxed.


Watching the work on the school.

4 comments:

  1. only 3 of you in such a lovely large yard? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No there are more of us! But only 3 who seem to like hacking, or who have horses who enjoy it! Or are safe in company.

    But it is the loveliest of yards and there aren't that many of us. I'm seriously lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Zeffy is a well mannered on hacks as Xaile! Ref snakes - don't let X kid you! While he was at Pedro's yard he would've been pressure washed at least daily!! (Having said that Zeffy doesn't like being hosed much either!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah but I happen to know he hated the snakes at Pedro's and then at Freddie's!

    I'm sure Zeffy will be- they sound so simillar. I just don't think it occurs to Xaile to be bad or spooky.

    ReplyDelete