Then we went down to the New Forest to Susan's for a practice with some other Iberians. Xaile was a little sticky to load, but the rubber bits of the partitions were flapping around in the wind and he genuinely seemed worried about them which is rare so we gave him a little time to think about it. Then we got some carrots to lure him in. Then I gently tapped his hock with the schooling whip which encouraged him to walk in. Still only took about 5 mins.
It didn't really go as planned as I didn't get there till 12.30 and one of them had to leave at about 1 and had real problems loading, was still loading when I left at 3. So we were only really able to walk and gently trot around the school so as not to further disturb her horse.
He loaded much better on the way back. I tapped the hock and he walked on. He travelled very well there and back. He rather leapt out of the lorry when we got home, and unfortunately caught my calf with his front hoof so I now have rather a spectacular bruise. He seemed very pleased to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment