Saturday, 25 April 2009

Saturday 25th April More on saddles

WOW- seems the saddle is certainly not helping. While it officially 'fits' it's clearly not very comfortable for him, or maybe it's the position that it puts me in. Anyway I borrowed Edward's baby horse's wintec which has flatter panels (I felt that Xaile's saddle is rocking slightly). We thought it wouldn't fit as it is quite wide but it turned out that it fitted really very well. So Edward suggested that I ride in it today. I found it slightly uncomfortable, but Xaile clearly didn't. We had THE BEST session yet. He was really seeking a contact and was really much more consistent. Unfortunately it was really windy and Xaile hates the wind so it could have been even better. When we were up the end of the school that is protected from the wind he felt amazing, really springy. Going towards the wind he was terrible though- head in the air and going sideways and fighting everything I suggested to him. Edward has very kindly said that I can borrow the saddle when I need it, he also suggested that I try Ali's Isabel Werth wintec which sounds even more appealing as it has set back stirrup bars. I think that one of these may well be an excellent temporary situation till he decides what shape he'd like to end up. Ali has recommended a good saddler who does the wintecs among others so hopefully he'll be able to come soon and we'll be off!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. vogue? .....

    well, you had to know i'd say that, LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saddle for life ..... Semiflex!! (Zeffy has one you could try if you like!)

    ReplyDelete