He's really funny to hack out as I don't think he's done much and finds everything fascinating! He looks at something so hard that as he passes his head stays in the same place and he ends up looking over his shoulder. There was one particularly funny moment when Rudi, who we were hacking with, had a monster spook at nothing and Xaile was so surprised that his legs gave way from under him and he collapsed onto his knees and hocks (thank goodness we were on grass!!!!)
Anyway he enjoyed himself and spent most of the walk on a loose rein in a lovely long out line.
The best news from today is that I offered Edward a portait of one of their animals in return for the equivalent amount of lunge lessons. So now I'll be having 3 lunge lessons a week for 3 weeks. YAY!!! But I might not be feeling like that at the end of the first week. On that subject I'm slightly concerned that I'm not nearly as stiff as I expected to be after yesterday's lesson. I'm a little worried that maybe I didn't work the right bits hard enough. Well I'm sure Ed will remedy that next time.
a deal indeed!
ReplyDeletehope xaile recovered!
Ha ha to you not being stiff. I suspect it's because you're better than you think you are! Admire your dedication!
ReplyDeleteGreat that Xaile is so interested in his surroundings!