I rode in the morning and it was awful awful awful.
He'd got out in the night and into the next door field with more grass in it. He was a bit bloated but not awful. I put him back into his field to let him deflate a bit while I worked Ella.
He simply wouldn't bend right. He wouldn't go into the bottom right corner of the school. He spooked all the way up the right side of the school. He dived left. He wouldn't relax. Jogging or marching in walk and rushing in trot. It was horrible. I got off. Snaffle.
I was so sure that it was something that I was doing wrong, but it wasn't helped by his skittish naughty frame of mind. So, as it had been a really short ride in the morning I went back to have another go in the afternoon. I decided to make it easier for us both by putting the double on.
He was a lot calmer to start with. I had an ok contact in both hands. He was listening and not spooking. BUT he still wouldn't bend right. He got really upset when I asked him to do shoulder in on the right rein. He was clearly really confused by me. He was so surprised that I was asking him to turn right, so I was obviously very strongly saying turn left. But try as might I simply couldn't see what I was doing.
Eventually I obviously found it and correcting it without working out exactly what it was and he softened and understood what I was saying. But it's beyond me to work out what I was doing differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment