Wednesday, 5 June 2013

3rd June I went to the chiropractor

No, I know it's silly, I spend so much money on the chiro for the horses, but I forget about me.  Last Monday Marcia pointed out that my right hip was significantly further forward than my left and that this was causing Xaile problems.

The chiropracter agreed that my pelvis was twisted to the right.  He also said that my body curved to the left.  When he straightened me up lying on the bed on my front it felt like my legs were pointing to the right.  He also said that my neck was very tight.  Any my right hip flexor, though my quads were nice and loose.

So I did what I probably shouldn't have done and went on to have my lesson in the afternoon.  I'm sure I shouldn't have, but on the other hand I'm SO glad I did.  It was all so much easier.  We both found everything much better.  He felt really straight and even in my hands.  I felt that I could sit a lot deeper in the saddle, and Marcia pointed out that I was able to put my left leg on.  I felt like we could do anything.

We worked a lot on the canter transisions.  Keeping his neck soft where it comes out of the withers (encouraging this by riding towards the line of the circle).  Then getting him properly forwards and in front of the leg.  Then sitting trot.  Then getting the softness and forwards again.  Then thinking shoulder in, then activating the outside hind leg and then asking for canter.  On the very rare occasion that I managed all of that he just popped into canter.  Generally I missed out a piece of the jigsaw puzzle and he leapt into canter.

1 comment:

  1. i should go to physio, really, but fitting it in is an issue...would certainly help!

    ReplyDelete