She had me warm Xaile up as normal, and I have to say he was going fantastically, his head was so straight. Then she videoed a minute of each of walk trot and canter. Then we planned what would work for the test- she had some really good ideas and I think we came up with quite an interesting test. Xaile however thought having an audience was just way too exciting and got sillier and sillier. The problem is I just can't help finding it funny. For example we've got a bit where we canter a 20m circle then cross the short diagonal in canter and trot on the other side, well Xaile got very excited when we came to the diagonal in canter and insisted on trying to change legs and generally behaved very wildly and badly, but the thing is he was having such fun and was so happy. I felt really mean for correcting him and making him be boring and serious. I sometimes wonder if I'm cut out for dressage, I think I enjoy the bad bits too much.
Anyway having run through our ideas a few times she then videoed it, and while bits were rather wild he did manage to be serious occasionally and when he is serious he's beginning to go really nicely.
After that we went and listened to all sorts of bits of music and chose what would go well with him, but I'm not telling you what it is till we actually use it.
we expect video of that then, LOL
ReplyDeleteSorry- her video camera isn't digital so not sure how to manage that- I'd like a copy though...
ReplyDeleteooo echo Claire - can't wait to see Xaile doing dtm!
ReplyDeletei reckon you're on holiday...
ReplyDeleteand pinnacle do stuff to enable you to put analogue film on computer.. i got pinnacle linx some years ago think they've upgraded it now, check your local pc world...