We had friends staying who very kindly came to meet Xaile so I put on his Portuguese tack to show them how wonderful he is and he didn't let me down.
All that boring work we've been doing is beginning to pay off. I've not ridden in the Portuguese stuff since Winsdor and the change was amazing. He felt so strong and powerful. He loves playing around and pretending there are bulls and so do I. We had some fantastic walk to canter transitions and then canter 10m circles and figures of 8. He then did the most amazingly powerful (and beautifully 2 time) rein back to canter. And the best bit was that I managed to ride him one handed for the first time. In the past I haven't been able to steer him one handed but we managed a canter figure of 8 with a lovely change. I grinned all the way home, and when I left him he was grinning too.
I enjoy all the basic schooling we've been doing, but I know he finds it a bit dull and so it was lovely to be able to play like this and great that all the basic stuff we've been doing is having such a tangible effect.
hopefully HE'LL know that that's the result of the boring bits....mmm
ReplyDeletewell done!