The flies were very bad down the bridle path, but it was still very pretty.
We then had a lovely canter, and I was pleased to discover that he was very easy to hold behind Clover even in the snaffle, and thank goodness both of them were very good when lots of rabbits jumped out from underneath their feet.
Looking back at the field we cantered through:
And onwards:
Then we came to a little problem, the grass on our normal path is getting very deep and there is a large tree stump half way down, and a nasty rusty barbed wire fence on one side and a huge ditch on the other side. Clover decided that there was no way he was going near the scary tree stump, after all it did look very much like a rhinoceros, and shot back past us towards the barbed wire stopping just touching it. We decided that it wasn't the time or place for and argument so I hopped off and lead Xaile past and Clover (all 16.3hh Irish hunter of him) followed quivering!! Anyway I haven't got a small enough girth so the saddle is a little too loose to get on from the ground so I thought I'd find a nice gate to get on off. That was a little optimistic- I simply couldn't find one!!! Eventually we came to another yard where a kind woman held the other stirrup for me to get on.
We then trotted up some hills with Xaile using his back beautifully and came to this lovely view to the Ridgeway, we had planned to go up there today, but it was getting a bit late so we decided to leave it for another day.
We had another little canter, very collected this time as the ground was a little uneven and I was so pleased that I kept Xaile very slow and steady while still on a loose rein, what a good boy. We then had to stop to sniff the roses:
Back through the galloping field but at walk:
When we got home I quickly took Xaile into the school as my friend hasn't seen him work and she very kindly took some photos: (VERY unflattering top, but I'm trying to get rid of a ghastly tan line I developed last week!!)
We also had fun pretending that she was a bull:
And she wanted to see Spanish walk so for the first time I attempted a little jambette from on board without outside assistance: (I was very impressed that she managed to capture these as my little camera has a very irritating shutter lag so timing is very difficult)
I do so love my little horse:

















fantastico = just the weather for that! and fancy Xaile having to lead past a log (Molly hates a particular track on our estate, narrow gap past HUGE log...)
ReplyDeleteand trip to saddler for girth? :-)